5 days ago
Certify your property to be watershed friendly with the Penn State Extension Master Watershed Stewards and Nurture Nature Center!
Certifying your property has many benefits including:
- Protects your local streams and rivers and all the life that depends on clean water.
- Promotes habitat for birds, fish and other wildlife.
- Recognizes your commitment to best practices managing water on your property
- Educates others about healthy watersheds
- Brings awareness to the program
- Helps support the Master Watershed Steward Program
- Provides you with tools and resources to achieve a watershed-friendly status
- Gives you “bragging rights” for all of your hard work
For more information, click the link below:
6 days ago
Don't forget, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is now accepting art submissions for the 2021 Federal Junior Duck Stamp Contest! Combining art and science the Junior Duck Stamp Contest encourages students to explore the natural world while learning valuable biology and wildlife management principles.
🦆 All Pennsylvania students, grades K-12, interested in entering the contest must submit one hand-illustrated piece of artwork that features a live NATIVE North American waterfowl species as the focus of the piece.
🖌 Artwork submitted should be 9” x 12” in size, less than ¼” thick, and be oriented horizontally. Students can use any medium—paint, pencil, crayons, etc. Please note, NO LETTERING can be featured on the front of the artwork. Artwork should be sent to Kelly Quain the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge by March 15, 2021!
🎨 Congratulations to Jillian Laskoski, age 12, who was the 2019-2020 best in show winner for her illustration of a bufflehead! See below.
Read more here ➡ bit.ly/38emEhr.
Have Questions ➡ Kelly_quain@fws.gov ...
Jacobs Creek Watershed Association
417 B Frick Ave
Scottdale PA 15683
(724) 613 -2592