Interesting Water Facts
- Every person uses approximately 12,000 gallons of water a year
- 1/3 of all water used is to flush toilets
- Human bones are made of 25% water
- More than 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered in water
- 97% of the Earth’s surface water is salt water, contained in the oceans
- Of the 3% fresh surface water on the Earth, only 0.3% is found in rivers and lakes
- Dishwashers use about 11 gallons of water – hand washed dishes use about 16 gallons
- It takes approximately 2, 072 gallons of water to make 4 new tires
- It takes about one gallon of water to process 1/3 lb. of hamburger
- Water makes up 90% of a tomato
- Water makes up 70% of your brain
- An elephant can smell water up to 3 miles away
- Where do frogs keep their money?
- What fish goes up the river at 100 mph?
- Why did the green heron fly south for the winter?
- Why do humming birds hum??
- What happened when the owl lost its voice?
- Why are frogs so happy?
- Why are frogs such liars?
Watershed Coloring Pages
- In a river bank!
- A motor pike!
- Because it was too far to walk!
- Because they don’t know the words!
- It didn’t give a hoot!
- Because they eat whatever bugs them!
- Because they are amFIBians!